First time beard growers often ask, “Does beard oil make your beard grow?”. The answer to this question is maybe, beard oil can help promote healthy growth and can stimulate new growth in some men. However, beard oil can help all men achieve the ideal conditions at the skin level, enabling them to grow a healthier beard. A healthier beard will have less breakage, giving the appearance of a thicker, fuller beard. This is especially true of beard oils that contain jojoba oil, argan oil and other natural oils. These oils are very similar to the oils your body naturally produces. Beard oil is the most beneficial beard product a man can use to grow a healthier beard.
How Beard Oil Works
Beard oils are primarily made of a carrier oil base. These oils scents generally do not have much smell. The smell comes from essential oils, the oil naturally extracted from plants. All natural carrier oils have many benefits for the skin underneath a man’s beard. All natural beard oils promote healthy growth by:
- Moisturizing The Skin – This fights off dandruff that could impede healthy growth.
- Fighting Off Bacteria – This keeps your pores clean and clear, ready for healthy growth.
- Improving The Texture Of The Hair – Repairs damage to your beard hairs and therefore strengthening the hairs.
- Protecting Your From UV Damage – Many of the oils used in beard oils are natural sunscreens.
- Increasing Circulation – Increasing blood flow to the face helping to deliver important vitamins and nutrients to the beard.
- Reducing Hair Loss – By helping to restore dry hair follicles.
How To Choose A Good Beard Oil
Choosing the right beard oil is very important. Many of the beard oils that are widely available in chain stores contain man made ingredients. Some of these ingredients, such as silicones, are designed to make the beard look shiny and soft. Silicones actually do more damage by blocking the skin from getting the proper moisture it needs, ultimately drying out your skin and harming your beard with prolonged use.
Always choose a beard oil with natural ingredients. Here are some the of the best ingredients you can find in a good beard oil:
- Jojoba Oil – clears pore, reduces acne, prevent dandruff and improves hair texture.
- Argan Oil – reduces acne, natural UV protection, repairs damaged hair.
- Sweet Almond Oil – increases circulation, can stimulate growth, natural UV protection.
- Fractionated Coconut Oil – great skin moisturizing, full of vitamins and nutrients, natural UV protection.
- Caster Oil – can promote hair growth, antibacterial, anti-fungal, high in vitamin E.
- Vitamin E Oil – promotes healthy skin and hair.
Some beard oils many contain other natural ingredients with other benefits to the users, so the list above should not be considered an exhaustive list.
When To Use Beard Oil
You can begin applying beard oil even before you have a beard. This will help to condition the skin for healthy growth. If you already have a beard, begin applying it now. You can apply it multiple times per day as required. If your skin is itchy, it may be dry and in need of the moisture a good beard oil can provide.
How Much Beard Oil Should You Use
A good rule of thumb would be to apply a few drops in the morning and a few drops at night. You can do this even more often if you are exposed to harsh weather condition. However, be sure not to over oil your beard. If you feel like your beard is becoming excessively oily, cut back on how much you are using.
If you happen to use too much, it will not harm your beard, it gives it an oily appearance. You can wash your beard with some beard wash to remove the excess oil.
How To Apply Beard Oil
After pouring a few drops of oil into your palm, run your hands together to get oil on both your hands. Next rub your hands through your beard, making sure you go to the skin underneath your beard, afterall, most of the benefits from beard oil start at the skin level. You can run any excess on the hair on your head or on your arms.